SonicMaps 2.4 now available
As part of our ongoing efforts to provide you with the most
reliable and feature-rich sound geolocation platform, SonicMaps
has been updated to include a number of improvements that you
can start enjoying today.
Version v.2.4 - Changes
- New option in Editor to add supporting text and images to
sound zones. This visual information is displayed as an
info-card in the SonicMaps Player when the a walks into a
- Revised playback system. Any sound zone will now turn grey
if its audio file has finished playing and user remains inside
- The number of editing groups has been increased from three
to six groups in order to facilitate complex projects.
- New method to set the default map style (i.e. dark,
light or sat) using a URL parameter. For
- Downloading a project for offline listening is now 95%
faster and requires only half of the storage space in your
- New option to disable remote listening and force on-site GPS
navigation. This option prevents a user from listening to a
project using the walk simulation mode (person icon).
- Mobile battery life optimisations. GPS tracking is only used
while strictly necessary to reduce battery drain.
Version v.2.4 - Fixed
- Player stopped tracking GPS position and/or playing sounds
after the app was suspended (e.g switching to a different
app/tab or minimised). Location services and audio engine are
now restarted if necessary when app regains focus.
- Pause button remained visible even if an audio file had
ended and no other sound zone was playing.
- Sound areas did not load/play for a second time after
reloading walk without an internet connection (offline) - iOS
- Other minor bug fixes.
Should you have any
question, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to
listening to your next SonicMaps project.
Best regards, Your SonicMaps Team